The R.A.B.B.I.T. is the Wichita Burners Art Grant Project founded in 2013 with support from our family over at The Gateway Burners.
Resonance Art Grants are awarded and intended as supplementary funding to help give birth to your proposed final project. The Resonance Art Grant Committee reserves the right to award less than the requested grant(s) amount based on completion milestones. The balance of the grant(s) will be awarded within 30 days after successful execution and display of the proposed project.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following (in no particular order):
- safety plan
- cleanup plan
- past work
- reflection of the “10 principles” of Burning Man
Policies & Procedures
- The art grant budget is based upon the previous year’s net income from Wichita Burners Events, fundraisers, and donations.
- Grants are intended to cover materials and not intended to cover labor or transportation costs.
- Funding requests for renovations or extensions of existing projects are allowed and can be submitted.
- Funds will be distributed within 30 days of successful execution and display of the project.
- Artists should indicate whether their project can be taken elsewhere. There will be additional judging points for taking the piece to additional locations.
- The R.A.B.B.I.T. retains ownership of any work created by these grants.
- The artist(s) may be asked to steward the responsibility of maintaining the work and its further benefits to the Burning Man Community
- Unallocated art funds will roll over into the following year.
- Artists must provide photos, write a short summary and agree to release the same for publicity purposes, including but not limited to the Wichita Burners website. Failure to do so may result in award reduction.
- Wichita Burners and The R.A.B.B.I.T. reserves the right to reproduce any and all imagery related to Resonance and all art pieces therein for promotional purposes only. All reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit to the artists involved.
Grant winners will sign a contract stating their intent to:
- create the proposed project,
- present the project,
- provide photos and a short followup report for publicity purposes
- and include the phrase “Funded in part by Resonance Art Beautification Benefit for Identifiable Treasure program” on any and all promotional materials
- The Resonance Art Grant Committee will carefully review your application and notify you in a timely manner. Do not be discouraged if you are not awarded a grant. We have limited funds and are forced to make tough decisions about where to apply them.
Art Grant Submission for 2017 are not being taken yet.